My Love

My Love

Sunday, July 27, 2014

My 4 Letter Word

Something just got into my head that I felt the urge to write about. People think of specific swear words when you say 'four letter word', or if you are in Utah 'snow' is considered another one. most of those words don't bother me much... the one that bothers me is HATE. Hate is such a terrible thing! It is a wasted emotion, a strong statement. It causes pain- not only to the person the hatred is directed at, but for the person experiencing the hatred! How can you have an open heart and a free mind if there is hate inside of you? Dislike is one thing- hate is so extreme. I can honestly say I don't hate anything or anyone. If I feel dislike, even to a high level, it still could never cross into hatred. I don't think I have that in me anymore- to hate. Years ago I know I would say I hate this or I hate him, or what ever it was. But my life has changed, I have changed so much, and grown. I feel love for everyone and everything. People who have done me wrong- I don't hate them. They taught me a lesson, were put in my path for a reason... how can I hate that? I dislike a number of people, but I find good in them as well. People I want to hate, I can't. Someone who hurt my daughter... I SHOULD hate him, right? But what happened to her made her who she is today, so how do I even hate that? I have my own reasons for not hating HIM, I loved him, I had a child with him... can you really feel hatred for someone after they give you a child? I have other things in my life that people don't understand why I don't hate them... people just don't understand me. I want my life to be peaceful. There is no room for hate in a peaceful life.
I am not the person I was 30 years ago, I am not the person I was 12 years ago. Today I strive for peace and love and happiness in my life, and for the most part I have that. I am happy and content with how my life is moving along. I am rid of the anger and the hatred, I am at peace with the choices I have made and lessons I have learned. I am content with some choices to eliminate angry people from my life. 
I do not need a god to have peace, I do not need family to be happy.
I have gods and goddesses to help guide me to peace. I have my husband, daughter, and chosen family of friends to bring me happiness.
Try not to hate. You will feel so much healthier and happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment