My Love

My Love

Monday, July 14, 2014

Facing The Past

I like to think we can all just start fresh and leave the past behind us, not always possible. My daughter lives with the effects of the past every day. And in a matter of months we will be face to face with that past. The man who hurt her has his next parole hearing in March, and with the love and support of family and friends, she is going to stand and speak to him for the first time in over 9 years. His first parole hearing she wasn't ready emotionally to stand and say what she felt, now, 6 years later, she is. I am so very proud of her, she has been an inspiration to me and to other girls going thru similar things. She went thru hell for 2 years, and I am thankful this man pled guilty for the simple fact that my little girl didn't have to testify.
I am guessing his parole will be denied again, but there is a chance he will be granted parole and released. My daughter is no longer afraid of what might happen when he is no longer in prison. She was terrified, but she is a very strong young lady. 
We are all preparing for this hearing, altho she isn't afraid of him being out- she does want him to stay in prison. We will be sending a number of letters to the parole board, my daughter will have a speech prepared, and we plan to have the hearing room filled with family and biker friends! My girl feels safe with her biker family, her dad, and her boyfriend- who has been an incredible support for her as well as helped her come out of her shell and experience so much of life! 
One day I also have to face this man, but I need to prepare what I need to say, because I will only do it once. I won't bring back that past! There will be years of having to face parts of that, but my daughter and I have both chosen to live for now and leave that pain in the past, only facing those issues as they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment