My Love

My Love

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Alpine Loop

We went on an incredible ride yesterday with some wonderful friends. It was a much needed escape! There truly is nothing like being on the bike away from the city with just the beauty of the of the mountains and the laughter of friends. We rode, we stopped for shakes, we rode some more. The sun set as we approached home. It was a perfect day! With all the stress and anxiety I have been under the past week, this just freed my mind and soul of all of that! It is so hard to put into writing what the experience is like.
I haven't been on that ride in three or four years, I had forgotten how gorgeous it is up there, so green, plants you wouldn't expect to see in Utah! Almost forgot we were even in Utah! It is a ride we need to do more often!

Friday night we will be leaving to go stay in Ogden with friends so we can go to the Dan Dolan Ride Saturday morning (it is a long day to ride from SLC to Ogden then start a long ride!) The Dolan Ride is one we try to never miss, honoring fallen hero Dan Dolan, his mother and her crew have created an amazing ride that supports local military charities. It will be a full day of riding, and it is always a beautiful route with good food, music and prizes at the end! A sweet friend is allowing us to crash at her house that night before... I'm excited for that because she is one of the sweetest people I know and we never really have a chance to talk... and I still haven't met her new husband! 
House hunting today wasn't very promising~ found one I will call on, but I plan to wait a couple days to look online again- so I can hopefully see new listings! 
The past week or so has been so crazy, I haven't known what day was what. Tomorrow is Monday, Troy goes back to work, Cory goes back to work, I can get focused on my normal schedule of doing things! I love my weekends, but I do really like my routine during the week!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday (if you are in Utah), and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment