My Love

My Love

Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Hair and No Regrets

I got out today, went to see my favorite hair gal... I was due for a touch up. I've told her my plans for the year- a summer of color! I decided this year that my hair will be different and fun and loud all year. I figure since I don't have a job or anyone who can tell me NOT to have wild colors, why not? I'm tired of doing the traditional 'natural' colors that I can buy at WalMart. Last year I dyed it pink and loved it! then did a purple, that faded to pink. This year I started with pink, then two different purples, then decided to have my hair girl do one of her professional colors... I told her I wanted a BAM red! And that's what I got... fire engine red! Bright, loud, and totally me! Unfortunately, it faded pretty quick- yes, to pink. Did I mention the purples both also faded to pink? I've decided I am destined to have pink hair. So today when I went in, I had told her to decide what we are going to do... she has fun with me because I'm her only client who uses the vibrant colors and really doesn't mind being a guinea pig. So after bleaching out my dark roots, she mixed up two bowls of color. Fun! She put a dark purple closer to my head, then has it fading to a magenta/pink. I love it! It fits me, just like all the other loud, off the wall colors... my personality is loud and off the wall. I really don't think I will ever have a 'natural' color in my hair again!
I am so excited for my next appointment... in about 6 weeks we are doing a rainbow of colors to celebrate Matt Wagstaff. And I think we will be doing neon highlights in each color! 
I really don't knwo how my husband or daughter feel about all this wildness going on with me, I think they are getting used to it. But it's me, it's who I am, and I love it!
If you ever get an idea to do something that seems crazy, or that puts your mothers voice in your head telling you not to... just do it! Live your life the way you want to- not the way society tells you to. I look back at the things I've done- some would call them risks I've taken, and I think how boring my life would have been if I hadn't just gone for it! I wouldn't have the memories and the laughs if I had told myself no because someone wouldn't like it.
Live life to its fullest... no regrets!


No comments:

Post a Comment