My Love

My Love

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Forever Friends

Last night as I was waiting for my daughter to get home from work, I got a text... Are you awake? I really need to talk! So I called. My third husband and I have a relationship not many can understand. We are best friends, we are always there for each other- no matter what. At one point in my life I loved him enough to want to spend my entire life with him, that love may change over time, but it never goes away.
He began by telling me the story of what had happened to his wife the previous night... and what the hospital told them. He is scared, he needed a friend, he needed to get this out... and I care about him, and will always be there for him- or any of my friends, when they need an ear, or emotional support. They are heading into a very scary future, an unknown future- with a lot of what ifs.
I wish I could be there for them, because I do care about them both. But his wife doesn't like me. Not that she doesn't like me as a person- she doesn't like that I am his ex, and that we are friends. She is one who doesn't understand. And I really don't understand people like that. He loves her, and I am married and love my husband... we WERE married, we divorced for a reason. So why is there jealousy? He and I will be friends until the end of our time on earth... no one can stop that. We have been thru too much together, over 20 years of friendship.
It makes me sad that she feels the way she does, and it makes me sad that he has to lie to her about me, and keep secrets when he does talk to me. They are entering into such a difficult time~ I just want to be there for them!
I have love for all of my exes... not the same love as when I married them, a different kind of love. And I will remain forever friends with as many of them who will allow me to remain in their lives. That's just the kind of person I am. I was told last night that I don't think like a normal girl- because I don't understand the jealousy and trust issues... well, maybe I'm not a normal girl! But I have what's important- a big heart, a caring soul, and the desire to help everyone!
So I send love and light and healing energy to his wife, and I pray she is going to be alright. I will continue talking with him about the situation, so he gets the support he needs.
Cancer sucks. But I honestly believe everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment