My Love

My Love

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Roxy


This is Roxy. She is my world. I adopted her 5 years ago to be a companion animal. I was having a lot of trouble with my health and especially anxiety, and knew I needed a dog in my life. Before I knew it she was more than I could have wished for. She was recognizing when I didn't feel well and would stay by my side always! When I have seizures, she gets help, she tries to lift me, and when I pass out from them she licks my face until I wake up. She has been the best companion, friend, and pet ever. She loves all other dogs and people, she is always so loving.
I learned this week she has a bad knee. She has been limping and being gentle on her right leg and I have watched it get worse over the past couple weeks. I was told the only way to resolve this is surgery. If we don't do surgery, she will soon be unable to support her own weight and could stop walking. I am totally heart broken! The cost of surgery is not even something we can consider! A friend suggested that I set up a GoFundMe campaign to try to raise the money... so I did. I am always giving whenever I can, I never ask for help- it's hard for me to ask for help! But it's my turn. I need to do whatever I can to save this fur baby! She is my service dog!
I myself am having surgery in a couple weeks and will be out of work for about a month- making it even harder to come up with money for this.
I have 2 dogs of my own, plus 4 that are kind of fosters- they belong to my family who lives with us. My dream is to have property to adopt as many unwanted pets as I can and give them a loving home. But for now, I have these. I would be lost without any of them. I would be especially lost without Roxy. My first dog to this pack I call my private zoo.
If any of you reading this would be willing to help me, below is the link to the GoFundMe page. I am truly at aloss for what to do at this point. I'm scared. 

https://www.gofundme.com/4zpq7q-roxy-needs-surgery


No comments:

Post a Comment