My Love

My Love

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

randomness

Just some random thoughts tonight...
First the weather. I really don't like the weather in Salt Lake. Actually, I just really don't like Salt Lake! But the winter.... I've never been a fan of cold weather, and as I get older- it gets harder to deal with. I want to live in a warm climate! I want to be where it doesn't get below 40 degrees, I don't need to see snow- I can see it on tv or facebook! I am almost 50 years old and just dread spending another winter here. But I know in reality, I will probably be here another 10 years because of my husbands employment. UGH!
So why do I dislike Salt Lake other than that? it's huge! I am done living in a big city. I have lived here for as long as I can remember, and I was in a big city prior to being here. I want to live in the country, or a small town that doesn't have the traffic and the crime and all the ugliness that goes along with big city life. I want to know my neighbors- even if they live a quarter mile away! I want to live in a place that doesn't have a WalMart! Peace and quiet... and warm.
My dream home... I want to have like 5 acres with a main home for Troy and I, and 3 or 4 small guest homes on the property- so people can come visit us or if friends or family are in need of a place to live- I can always provide! Plenty of room for my dogs to run- and to adopt more dogs that need homes! I have big dreams. Southern Utah, somewhere in Arizona, there are even areas of California I would consider. Far from everything I have known for so long, but I would find some peace in it!
It's hard to try to convince my husband to leave literally everything behind- his family, friends, everything is here. He was born here and has never left. It's hard to think about moving away from all the people who matter, but as long as he and I are together- that's all we need. Friends and family can always visit! But at some point I have to stop using others as an excuse to stay put and believe they will be ok when I'm gone.
I have to dream... or I have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment