My Love

My Love

Friday, February 27, 2015

Being a Mom

Having a daughter who is 23, but in the mind set of a teen has it's challenges. I have loved being a mom, every bit of it! So many learning experiences, challenges, and heart felt moments.
A couple years ago my daughter got into her first real relationship, it lasted almost 2 years. There were so many firsts- her first feelings of real love, her first sex, first pregnancy scare, first fight... all new learning experiences for this mom! Then the day i never thought would come... the break up. Her first real break up. I was in shock! I thought these two were meant to be together, would end up married! So I was kind of blown away when she came to me and told me she broke it off. And as much as I wanted to support her, I just couldn't understand and I felt so heartbroken for this young man she had crushed! I considered him my son at this point, and now poof- he's moving out and is so in love with my daughter and trying so hard to win her back. What does a mom do? He hadn't done anything wrong, she just wasn't in love anymore and wasn't happy. My daughter deserves the best! She deserves to be happy! At first I thought I could help him win her back, he was asking advice and I was giving it! I thought she could get past this and see what a really awesome guy she was letting go of. Then she opened up to me a bit more... there is no going back, she wants and needs to move on. So this mom, sits back, seeing my daughter happy again and laughing and moving on like nothing ever happened, and I see the ex once in a while- still heart broken and hurting. But I bite my tongue, I can't fix it, it isn't my place to fix it. My daughter is grown up and has to make these choices on her own. And he needs to accept it and be happy for her that she is happy.
So what is next for this mom? Who knows! But whatever it is, I will not be prepared, I know that! But I will deal with it as it comes, like I have everything else over the past 23 years!
I love my daughter, she is my life! And I love being her mom and her friend. I wouldn't give up being a mom for anything ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment