My Love

My Love

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

New Year- New Beginnings

I am not one for new year resolutions or stuff like that. But this year a lot will be changing in my life- maybe not so much resolutions, just change.
This year I made the step toward having my parents back in my life, and that has gone well. I am hopeful it will continue to progress so I can feel we are a family again.
my relationship with my daughter has been very strained this past year, for a couple reasons. But the main reason I believe, is because of the problems between her husband and I. I am going to work toward fixing that. The past cannot be forgotten, but we can learn and move forward. I want to mend fences with my daughter and have that closeness back, as well as have her husband be a part of the family.
I have made a commitment to myself that I am going to work on my marriage, bring the fun and love back and create the friendship that we sort of skipped over in the beginning. I want my life with my husband to be the best possible and I am willing and dedicated to do what it takes to see that happen, this year is the time for that to come together.
Also, it's time for me to put me first. No, I am not being selfish- I have given and given, putting my own well being on the back burner for so long. My marriage, my health, my mental health, my finances, and so many other things have been jeopardized in my desire to help everyone else. It is time to put my foot down and start saying no. Changes need to take place in my life, and they will. I will no longer go along with things just because I don't want to upset someone, or feel bad for them. Many things in my life are coming together so well and running smoothly, I can't put those things at risk for other lesser things that stress me out or upset others in my life.
I am truly looking forward to the future now. I feel really positive that a huge weight has been lifted, and another will be lifted in the next few days... I can be free of the negativity and move forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment