My Love

My Love

Monday, November 13, 2017

surgery time

Tomorrow morning I will leave my house about 6 am to head to the hospital. Check in at 7, surgery is at 8am... I am finally hving a total hysterectomy!
I've wanted this for years, but insurance makes it difficult unless there is a legit medical reason for it. And I finally have one... a couple actually. First, total hormone imbalance causing all sorts of trouble in my body. Second, they found a fibroid cyst under the lining of the uterine wall.
A few years ago I learned that over 70% of epileptic women stop having seizures after a hysterectomy! This is amazing to me! Gives me so much hope. It's not a guarantee, but it sure is worth having this done!
I am looking forward to having this done, being done with all the crap that goes along with having those parts. I am not, however, looking forward to the recovery. I have heard everything from a week to 6 weeks. I am planning on 3... I don't want to be in bed for a long time, I want to get back to work! I hate having to count on others to care for me... and to do the things I normally do around the house. I know I have an amazing family who is here for me and will support me- but I just struggle with that.
So when I wake from surgery my husband and my daughter will be there. I will stay one night at the hospital and come home the next day.
I've had a ton of support and sweet thoughts sent to me, It has helped me realize that it really is going to be ok.
I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment