My Love

My Love

Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's All Worth It

It is days like today that remind me that all those other days are totally worth it! This is why I love my life and where I am and who I am!
It is December 7th, my daughter turned 23 today. Not a big celebration, she's all grown up and off with friends. But I look at her and see such an incredible young lady- I did that! Not alone, but I have a daughter who I am so very proud to call mine!
December 7th, I was outside playing frisbee with my dogs and doing yard work without a jacket! How awesome is that?!
Then I see something online that grabs my heart. A woman looking on internet yard sale pages to find Christmas gifts for her 4 year old. The little girl has never shown interest or understanding of Christmas until now, and her parents are struggling to give her a Christmas. How can I ignore this? I reached out to my friends... I have incredible friends! This little girl will have a wonderful first Christmas!
I also messaged the woman to make sure she didn't mind me doing this- I know some may be offended by the 'charity' of it. I honestly believe she was crying as she thanked me! Which brought tears to my eyes! That's what Christmas is about! It's not about getting expensive gifts, or any of that crap... it is a season of giving. I, as well as a large number of my friends, understand what it is like to be in that situation. And we all believe in paying it forward! I am truly blessed to have the friends I do! And to have the chance to help this family understand the true meaning of the season. I am not at all a big Christmas fan, but this, more than anything, gets me in the spirit! This little girl will have toys and clothes, and things to open under the tree! Yes, some may be used, but I will make sure there are new things as well! I love helping others, it is who I am, it is what makes me feel complete!
This topped off my day perfectly! I feel amazing right now!
Please, during this holiday season, find someone to do something nice for. Whether it is helping give a family a Christmas, or giving a homeless guy a cup of coffee, or even helping that little old lady to her car with her groceries. Pay it forward~ remember the reason for the season- it's about giving.
Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment