My Love

My Love

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Couple Things On My Mind

A couple things to write about tonight, so bear with me.
First- Things are perfectly falling into place for our move! Packing is moving along well, a plan to get things in the garage Friday to make things go smoother Saturday. Did I mention Troy's work is letting him take a big truck with a lift gate to help with the move! All the utilities are taken care of, we will pay the rent and get the keys on Friday! I am stoked! Things are staying peaceful here and the friendship with Cory is being maintained, which is really important to me! The house was finished today, I believe... Carpet cleaners were there. I have plenty more packing to do, but really, we are about there! My only concern is having enough muscle help to do this move. Troy has a bad back, I am not the healthiest, a number of our friends have back or shoulder trouble... yes, we are getting old! And moving day is the same day as the service for one of our PGR members who passed last week, and the breast cancer walk is that day as well! Really thankful for the people I know will be here!
We have had a couple people mention they would like to rent a room from us... currently our only answer is NO! We are really in need of our own space, uninterrupted space! MAYBE after a few months, if we really need the financial help, we might consider it, but not at this point. 
Secondly- just a short rant about the idiots battling the gay marriage issue! Whether a person feels it is right or wrong, the law has spoken... yet government offices are still denying these people their rights! A gay friend who married for that short couple of days back in December, attempted today to get his name legally changed with social security. They refused! This was not his first attempt, but because of the ruling this week, he chose to try again. He called the governors office and was told his marriage license was made invalid after the marriage ban was put back into effect- is that even legal? The county clerks office did not know of the governors statement until this friend called them, they were not happy about it! This friend is rightfully on a rampage! He has contacted the main SS office, national news media, and will be on our local news in about 20 minutes! He is standing up for what so many people in this country will be running into... and he refuses to stop until he is behind bars or has what he wants! And I stand behind him 100%! Not a lot of LGBT couples change their name when they wed, but they should be able to if they choose to! This isn't about gay rights anymore, they have been given the right to marry... it's just about jerk politicians! Also on this subject, 2 of the five states who had their appeal shot down to ban marriage equality, have chosen to ignore that ruling! The governors are openly ignoring it... is this contempt? Can they serve time for that? The one governor said this is not a federal issue, it is a state by state issue, therefor he will not follow the ruling. My thought on this- isn't HE the one who made it a federal issue by taking it to federal  appeals court? I am so fed up with politicians, especially politicians who drag religion into politics! And this really shouldn't even be a political issue!

Last, I think, I am happy to report that I have been feeling much better the past couple days! I am sure it won't be permanent, but I hope it lasts thru the move and organizing the new house! However, I have a couple friends, people I care very much about, who are not doing well. And it hurts to see them sick and hurting. I would rather be sick like I was for the rest of my life than to see my loved one suffering like they are. I know I can't fix it, I can't take away their suffering, but I include them in my daily rituals and prayers.
2 days 7 hours 4 minutes until we have the moving truck!
)O( BLESSED BE

No comments:

Post a Comment