My Love

My Love

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Gay Day In History

We did it! The federal court of appeals overturned the ban on gay marriage in the state of Utah! This is an incredible day for so many! I honestly didn't think this would happen in Utah for a while, with the LDS church controlling most of the government. This should never have been a political issue or a church issue, it's a human rights issue. Gov. Herbert and a number of other politicians fought and wasted so much of our tax dollars to keep gay marriage out of our state, but they lost! And I couldn't be happier! I have a number of friends who can now legally get married! Not only is it about marriage, but it affects all aspects of their life! They now have all the rights (and responsibilities) of married people! Adoption, home ownership, tax filing, wills and medical rights... the list is endless! For those who do not approve of this, I say get over yourself and stop judging! Your god is the only judge, the Bible taught you that. 40 years ago it was not acceptable for a white man to marry a black or asian woman, now this is common. Times change, people grow and accept what is right. Every person deserves to be happy~ and to show that happiness! I hope to be attending many same sex weddings in the future!
I am proud of our federal court system for seeing things as they should be!
Have a gay day everyone!
Here's to the entire country seeing the rainbow in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment