My Love

My Love

Sunday, October 18, 2015

death and respect

The other night there was a fatal accident, the facebook posts and comments really bothered me!
The media released a photo of the bike, and stated a name was not being released until the family was notified... but gave an age and what city he lived in. First of all, this is not at all acceptable in my opinion- any of it! They should say there was an accident, but no photos and no description should be released until they have the ok to give all the info!
I was one of many people who saw the photo and read that description and honestly believed my husbands best friend was dead. Dozens thought it was the same person I did. I called him, he answered his phone and I burst into tears! when I posted on Facebook it was not this person, to put friends minds at ease, all I saw were posts saying how glad they were it wasn't him... then I saw a response that it was a friend of a friend. I also got a message from a friend of a family member of the deceased.
What bothered me? Everyone was so happy it wasn't my friend, no one was sorry for the person who did lose his life. This man had a family, and a lot of friends! In the riding community he was no less important than any other rider, to his family and friends~ he was more important than anyone can imagine... until they lose someone!
Every time I see news stories that someone died... my heart hurts for the family and friends. I don't ask who it was, or if I knew them... everyone has someone who loves them and cares for them~ a mom, a wife or sister, a daughter or nephew... those people are hurting and deserve respect from me, from you, and most importantly- from the media! I cannot imagine looking at my facebook or twitter and seeing a photo of my own husbands bike laying on the ground with a heading saying WVC man killed in accident. No body has a right to do that without me being informed by the police and being asked permission to release that info to the public!
Next time you see there has been an accident, don't say "I hope that's no one I know," instead, say a prayer for the family!
That is my rant for today... now back to my Packers game!

No comments:

Post a Comment