My Love

My Love

Monday, February 5, 2018

Lost Friend #2

One night I was on my laptop having a discussion in a group on Facebook, I got a message froma gal who was very much like minded. we immediately became good friends, as we chatted online we learned we had more and more in common, same wants, same beliefs, same lifestyle ideals... we started talking on the phone and texting- all the time! We talked about her coming to visit- we even talked about her moving here! There was an incredible emotional bond between us after a short time. I truly fell in love with this young lady (young meaning a few years younger than me). She was so beautiful, so kind and caring, she always made me smile and laugh and feel better! for a long time she was my rock and my world. During some struggles in my marriage- which she was also going thru, we were there for each other. 
then one day, in the middle of texting and laughing... she sent me a screen shot of something i had posted on my twitter... she had long since deleted her FB account, but still had other social media. She was furious at my opinion. It was political, it wasn't even a statement for or against anyone- just an opinion of the election. within minutes I was told she never wanted to hear from me again and can't believe I would say something so completely opposite of how she felt. I was in tears! suddenly I was blocked from calling or messaging her!? I was lost... for days i just cried. I was so confused. the ONE person who truly got me, and who I thought would never judge or hate. we had that connection and respect for each other. I tried to explain to her that wasn't a statement of support for but a statement of acceptance, i tried so hard to get her to see what I meant... but she wouldn't talk to me.
I tried to send a text a year later just to say happy birthday... i got a message saying it was not received. I think about her all the time still, I miss her. I loved her.
They say some people come into our lives for a season... I felt she was here for ever, but I suppose she was autumn. My Halloween lady. I will never forget her.

No comments:

Post a Comment