My Love

My Love

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Lagoon Day

I have not been to Lagoon since about 1994. And honestly had no plans to go any time in the near future. But thanx to a wonderful man giving a wonderful gift- we were able to have a family Lagoon day with TC and Katina and the kids. Other family was invited, but only a cousin and her daughter came. Sadly it is so expensive no one was really able to join us. But we still had an incredible time with the 9 of us who went! I am soo glad I decided to do this! Troy took the day off work, too. 
We got there before the gates opened, probably in the first 50 people in the park last Wednesday morning. Altho I don't go on the rides, I still had so much fun watching the kids and my husband have fun. I did go on one ride- Rattlesnake Rapids, that was fun. We had lunch, we went to Lagoon A Beach and rented tubes to float around for a while. We went to Pioneer Village and had the old west photos done... the entire day was incredible! So many laughs and smiles and memories. I was so happy that I was physically able to spend 10 hours on my feet and in the heat! And Katina, too! I got her on Thrive a couple weeks ago and Lagoon never would have been an option for her if she hadn't had such an amazing experience with Thrive! She and I left at 8:30, the guys and the kids stayed until the park closed.
This family, TC, Katina, Ambri, Alexander and Devin- have truly become family to Troy and I. I am so grateful and blessed to have them in my life to create memories with and have good times with. Sadly the two people who brought us together weren't able to join us- my daughter and TC's son who married last summer unknowingly created the best family ever! I wish we could have had them with us that day.


This was a day that will not be forgotten. Thank you to all who were involved in making this possible for us all. We are truly grateful for your love and support. Since bringing this family into my family 8 months ago, we have had our share of struggles, and never thought something like this would be possible. But one thing I have learned in these 8 months is that no matter what is in the bank or what is in the cupboards- love wins! Love, family, and staying strong is all that matters to be happy.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment