My Love

My Love

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A new chapter begins

A few years ago my health failed me, I was forced to stop working- I was devastated! I hated that I was not out being part of the work force, bringing home money to help support my family, I felt worthless. A couple years ago I started to get better, by Christmas of 2015 I decided I was going to find a job and try  it out. 2 months later I got a part time job at 7-11, I was working less than 20 hours a week, low stress, just being out of the house and making a little money was incredible for me!
After a year I was made a supervisor, I had a ton of stress, was working well over the amount of hours my health was willing to take. I was underpaid and not appreciated... It was time to move on. I loved that job! The customers, the constant on the go, thats what I enjoy. But as time continued I realized there were things I really wasn't happy about and they wouldn't ever change. I started looking for a different job. I had one company in mind that I really wanted to work for- so I signed up on their employment page and got weekly emails about what locations were hiring for what positions. Finally something I could do and wanted to do came up! I immediately responded. I had a phone interview, followed by an in person interview the next day- and was hired on the spot!
Three days of going in to take care of paperwork and stuff and can today say I am officially employed with Smith's! I am so excited to be starting a new job and a new chapter of my employment book. I will be a part time cashier for an amazing company.
I left the job 7-11 with mixed emotions. I really did love that job, but at the same time I hated it. But it is now behind me. It helped me get back into work mode, it helped me regain my confidence and prove to myself that I could do anything I set out to do.
I start my training with Smith's tomorrow and am very excited about this opportunity to hopefully advance my needs- mentally and emotionally, even more. The past 8 years have been quite a roller coaster with employment and health, but I feel I am on the right track to a better me.
To everyone who supported me thru the rough times, supporting my choice to leave the last job and seek out something new, helping me thru the days I wanted to walk off the job when it got that bad... thank you.
Here's to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment