My Love

My Love

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mothers Day

All these years I have looked at Mothers Day with the wrong eyes. I've seen it as a day to recognize the woman who gave birth to me and raised me... and wants nothing to do with me, who sees everything I've ever done in my life was wrong, and whose standard I will never live up to. Pfft! Done!
All this time I should have been seeing this day as the day I became a mom! 23 years ago I became a mom! And it has been a wonderful, amazing experience! I love being a mom! I can't even imagine what my life would be if I wasn't. So happy mothers day to me!
I've always said family isn't about blood, it's about those who love and accept you for who you are... with that, I have more moms than I could ask for! Those amazing women who I look up to, who motivate and inspire me, who  are there for me when I need advice or a shoulder to cry on. That's a mom to me! And  I am incredibly grateful for those women being in my life! And the woman who adopted and is raising my youngest, most don't understand~ but I have more respect for this woman, and am more thankful for her than anyone in my life!
Altho am still not a big fan of these 'Hallmark holidays', I do have a new outlook and attitude about this one. I honestly think days like today are more about retailers making money than about recognizing mom!
So happy mothers  day to all you moms, and all you women who act as moms! If you have kids or any young people who love and look up to you, you are a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment